- What is the overall shape of the draft you reviewed?
- Are there obvious holes to be filled?
- What strengths and weaknesses did you identify? What suggestions do you have for improvement?
- Read aloud a passage that illustrates any of the above.
- What are the most useful comments you received from your editors? How will you address them?
- What are the next steps you will take to develop your draft?
- If your draft does not yet include direct references to your work, how do you plan to incorporate them? What is your plan for writing about work that is currently in development?
- Read aloud a (different) passage that addresses any of the comments of your editors and/or identifies a specific area for improvement
Assignment for 5/25:
- Address editing comments and continue to refine your writing to produce a new draft.
- Identify sequence of ideas and assess transitions and flow. How do you move from one topic to another? Be ready to read and discuss transitions you feel are working well and ones that need improvement.
- Complete a new draft and bring 2 hard copies to class.